Before submitting the booking form, please check availability below
After checking the available slots, pelase return to to submitting the booking form here
Centenary Cricket Ground
Cricket nets – Conditions of use during COVID-19
On 15 May, the ECB issued guidance to all cricket clubs on how we can make net facilities available for use, whilst complying with the government’s broader guidelines on social distancing. An update to this guidance was issued on 5 June. This document sets out the procedures and conditions of use that Moseley Ashfield has put in place to comply with the latest guidance.
We appreciate that these procedures are very different to what we are used to and may seem a little excessive. However, it is vital for the reputation of the club and more importantly, the health of our members, that we comply with the ECB guidelines.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Check for symptoms of COVID-19. In line with current Government guidance, if you are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, you should not use the nets and must remain at home and follow Government guidance.
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 with 7 days of using the nets, you must contact the club immediately to facilitate contact tracing.
Eligibility to use the nets
- To ensure fair usage of the nets, only members who have paid a subscription for the 2020 season will be entitled to use the nets free of charge.
- All people using the nets must be members of Moseley Ashfield Cricket Club or the Old Moseley Arms Fitmen Cricket Club. It is not permitted for a club member to make the booking and invite non-members to join their session.
- Members who paid a subscription in 2019 and fully paid up Old Mo members will be eligible to use the nets as long as they make a payment of £10 per one hour session to Moseley Ashfield CC (payment is required in advance)
- We will not accept bookings from any non-members.
- It is one of the ECB’s key requirements that a Club Representative is present whenever the nets are being used. It is their responsibility to ensure that the nets are only being used by the people who were named on the booking form (see booking process below) and that the social distancing and other conditions of use are being observed.
- Before making a booking, it is your responsibility to ensure that one of the Club Representatives will be present during your practise session. In the case of youth members, this doesn’t have to be their specific youth group manager.
- You must select the name of the Club Representative who will be attending when you make your booking.
- Club Representatives are members of the Main Committee, youth team coaches and managers and members of the Old Mo Committee.
- In order for the club to have an accurate record of who has used the nets and when, you must make a booking in order to use the nets.
- The revised booking form allows for you to record the names of up to five other people who will be using the nets in addition to the person making the booking.
- The names of all people using the nets MUST be recorded on the booking form. This is vital for the club to demonstrate that we are maintaining accurate records to facilitate contact tracing in the event that someone using the nets contracts the COVID-19 virus.
- To make a booking, submit a booking request using the form below.
- Please submit your booking request at least 48 hours in advance of when you intend to use the nets to allow time for your request to be processed.
- If the date and time requested is available, and the nominated Club Representative confirms that they have agreed to be present, you will be sent a booking confirmation via text message. The booking confirmation will confirm the date, time and duration of your booking.
- The booking confirmation will include the access codes you will need to gain access to the nets. (see ‘Access to the car park and nets’ below).
- If the date and time you requested is not available, we will make contact with you to try and arrange an alternative date and time.
- If you do not receive a booking confirmation, then your booking is not confirmed. Please do not turn up at the nets because you will not be able to gain access.
- If you have not paid a subscription for the 2020 season or are an Old Mo member, you will receive a text message containing a link to a secure payment site. Please use this link to pay for your session. Your booking will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
Using the nets
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your session start time and please leave promptly once your session has ended.
- If a previous group are still there when you arrive, or the next group arrives before you have left, please continue to maintain a two metre distance at all times.
- You must only practise in groups of no more than six people, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
- Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
- Markings have been added to the nets to indicate where bowlers should stand whilst waiting for their turn to bowl. This is a requirement under the new guidelines to ensure that social distancing is maintained with more than two people in the nets. The markings must be used to maintain social distancing at all times. Club Reps are required to enforce the social distancing rules and they will ask you to leave the nets if you persistently fail to observe this or any other condition of use.
- Only the people who were named in the original booking request are permitted to practise.
- A parent or guardian must be present when youth members are using the nets
- The pavilion will remain closed so please be aware that there will be no access to changing or toilet facilities.
- A First Aid kit is stored in the scorebox, which is secured by a coded padlock. The code is 798.
- We recommend using your own equipment if possible. If equipment is being shared with people outside of your household, please follow UK Government’s guidance on the sharing of equipment.
- If you are practising with people from outside of your household, you should each have your own ball and should not use the same ball. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- The batsman should not pick up the ball at any time – the ball should be returned to the bowler by kicking it or tapping it back with the bat.
- Wash your hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible and apply after opening and closing the gates and locks.
- Avoid public transport to get to and from the ground if at all possible.
- Please use the materials provided to disinfect all ‘touch points’ before you leave – i.e. the gate to the nets and the locks. Please ensure that the lid on the box containing the hand sanitiser and disinfectant is securely clicked back into place after use.
- Do not use the nets if the weather conditions mean they are not safe to use – i.e. if the playing surface is wet during or after rain. If you have paid for your session but are unable to play due to the weather, you will be able to re-book at no additional charge.
We will be performing spot checks of the nets to monitor whether the above conditions are being complied with. Any groups who are identified as not following these conditions will be asked to leave the nets and will not be allowed to make further bookings.
Access to the car park and nets
- To control access to the car park and nets, we have replaced the key-controlled padlocks with PIN-code locks. The car park gate just has a simple combination code padlock. The gate to the nets has a ‘smart’ padlock with a keypad to enter an access code.
- Your booking confirmation will include the combination/access code for both locks.
- Please note, the access code for the smart lock on the nets is a unique, timed code for every booking and will only work during the times specified in your booking confirmation.
- After your session, please make sure the nets and car park gates are closed and padlocked.
- Please ensure that the car park gates are left closed, but unlocked whilst you use the nets (to allow emergency vehicle access if necessary)
Version 3.0 – 8 June 2020
Latest Guidance from ECB